In recent times, Kodak printers are considered to be the most valued printer. Though the Kodak printers gained popularity, yet users face certain issues with it.
So, the Kodak printer not printing anything is one such error that can easily bother anyone. You can get some help from this article for troubleshooting the problem.
On the other hand, we will also discuss some of the causes that can lead to this very issue. The only thing you need to do is to stick to this post.
Probable Causes for the Kodak Printer is not printing anything
So before, you try to proceed to the solution part, it will be good to know the causes of the issue.
- Kodak printer will not print if there is any problem in the ink cartridges. In case, the ink cartridges are empty or have dried up, then the issue can occur.
- In another case, the printhead is not working properly, then also the issue might appear.
- If there is no print job delivered to the printer, then even the Kodak will not print anything.
- Any issue with the printer driver can also lead to the occurrence of the issue.
So, these are some of the causes that can lead to the problem.
Best Fixes for the “Kodak Printer not Printing Anything” Properly
In this section, you will learn the methods to fix the printer issue. So, here you have to perform all the given steps without missing any of them.
Fix 1: Restart the Kodak Printer
Restarting the Kodak printer is a basic approach to resolve the issue. Performing a restart will ensure that all the components get cooled down and start functioning normally.
- First of all, press the Power button to turn off the Kodak printer.
- Now, disconnect the Power cord from the power outlet and also disconnect all the attached USB cables.
- After doing that, wait for a while and then plug back all the power cables.
- Now, press the Power button and then wait for the printer to turn on.
- As the printer turns on, check if it prints anything or not.
If the issue is resolved, then you are ready to go printing.
Fix 2: Reset the Ink Cartridges of your Kodak Printer
According to some of the users, you can reset the ink cartridges so that it starts to work properly. To know the process, keep track of the steps as given below.
Step 1: In the first step, open the cover lid of the Kodak printer to access the internal compartments. Now, inside the compartment, look for the ink cartridges.
Step 2: After accessing the ink cartridges, you have to take out both the cartridges from the printer. Next, turn off the printer and wait for about 10 seconds.
Step 3: Now, turn the printer back on. This process will ensure that the previous ink cartridge reading clears out from the printer’s internal memory.
Step 4: After that, place the ink cartridge back to its original place and then again restart the printer. In the next step, open the Maintainance menu on the printer’s onboard screen.
Step 5: Now, you have to confirm the Check Ink Levels option there.
As you have performed this method and the issue is not resolved, then try to follow other fixes.
Fix 3: Set the Kodak Printer as the Default Printer
In case you are using more than one printer, then there can be chances that other printers are set as default. In that case, you have to set your Kodak printer as the default one. For the steps go through the following section.
- Use the Windows logo key and the R key at the same time to open up the Run box.
- Inside the Run box, type control and then click on the OK button.
- This action will invoke the Control Panel window. Now, navigate to the Devices and Printers section and from there, go to the Printers section.
- Under the Printers section, right-click on your Kodak printer and choose the “Set as default printer” option from the list.
- Now click on the Yes button if you get any prompts.
- If you see a green tick on your Kodak printer then it means that it is set as the default printer.
This is the time when you should check if the Kodak printer prints anything or not.
Fix 4: Try to Cancel all the Print Jobs
In case, there are too many print queues, then the Kodak printer will not print anything. So, here you have to clear out all the pending print jobs. Therefore, the procedure is discussed for you here in the following section.
Step 1: Open the Devices and Printers section of the Control Panel just like the previous method. Again under the Printers section, locate and right-click on the Kodak printer.
Step 2: Now, choose the “See what’s printing” option from the popup list. As the Kodak Printer window opens, click on the Printer tab.
Step 3: After that, click on the Open As Administrator option from the drop-down list. Again you have to open the Printer drop-down list and then click on the Cancel All Documents option.
Step 4: Now confirm the action by clicking on the Yes button. Close the windows and then check if the Kodak printer prints without any trouble or not.
Fix 5: Update the Kodak Printer Driver
Using an outdated printer driver can lead to the occurrence of this issue. Hence, you can try to update the printer driver through the steps, mentioned below.
- From the Start menu, open the Device Manager by searching it in the Windows Search bar.
- Once the Device Manager window opens, go to the Kodak printer driver entity.
- Now, right-click on it and then choose the Update Driver Software option.
- In the next window, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart the Kodak printer to apply the changes.
Finally, you can check if the problem resolves and if it doesn’t, then follow the next method.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Kodak Printer Driver
If updating the printer driver does not resolve the issue then you can try out this method. Here you have to install a fresh version of the Kodak printer driver. To do that, follow the steps as stated underneath.
- Again navigate to the Kodak printer driver entity in the Device Manager and right-click on it as you did in the previous method.
- Now, choose the Uninstall option from the drop-down list.
- After that, follow any on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, you have to navigate to the official website of the Kodak printer to get the latest printer driver.
- Download and install it and then restart the printer.
At last, check if the Kodak printer issue is resolved or not. Hopefully, by following the steps above you have been able to fix the problem by yourself.
So, these are the only fixes that can help you while your Kodak printer not printing anything. Try to perform all the fixes in the same order as they are instructed so that the issue can be resolved.
However, in case, the Kodak printer still doesn’t print anything, then use the comment section to post your queries.
Moreover, you can also take the help of the experts who can guide you to troubleshoot the problem.